Date: 04/05/2018 - 05/05/2018 Time:7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Location: Darul Arqam premises (kindly refer to signage stand on Levels 1 & 2)
The Funeral Management Workshop discusses subjects related to death and what constitutes a Muslim funeral. In this course, participants will learn the theory as well as the practical aspect of managing a jenazah (deceased), right from the time of the passing until the burial. Participants will also learn the signs of death or near death, and the preparation needed when facing these moments.
- Introduction to Jenazah (Deceased)
- Death and near death (Naza’)– situations, preparations and etiquettes.
- Recommended acts to do when facing a dying person – teaching the Shahadah, reciting surah Yasin etc
- After death procedures – Police report, Death certification, Permit of burial, etc
- Washing the deceased body (al-Ghusl), shrouding the Deceased (al-Kafn) for male & female and its etiquettes
- Practical lessons on al-Ghusl, al-Kafn, Solat, etc
- The Funeral Prayer (Solat Jenazah) – procedures, adult male/female, boy/girl, in absentia (solat al-ghaib), etc
- The Burial – digging the grave, placing of the body, qiblah direction, supplication, etc
- Visiting the Muslim Cemetery & Consoling the Deceased’s Family – sunnah, adab, clothing, supplications, etc
- Period of Mourning & ’Iddah (period of waiting for widows)
COURSE DATES & TIMING:
This course is a 2-day workshop.
Friday: 04 May 2018, 7.30pm – 10.00pm.
Saturday: 05 May 2018, 5.00pm – 10.00pm (Dinner at 6.30pm).
Mr Md Amir Ali bin Idris Ali
FEES (Inclusive of course notes and refreshments)
$60 – Darul Arqam Members
$70 – Non-Members
Registration and Payment are to be made at Darul Arqam Bookshop.
BOOKSHOP OPERATING HOURS:
Monday, Saturdays and Sundays: 10am to 5.30pm
Tuesdays – Fridays: 10am to 8.30pm
Mr Muhammad Amir Ali Bin Idris Ali is a funeral management director and has been handling Muslim funerals for more than 10 years. He has conducted Basic Funeral (deceased) Management courses at many places including various mosques in Singapore. As a trainer, Mr Muhammad Amir is a warm and light-hearted person and involves participants to experience parts of the funeral preparation during practical session.
Click to return to: