[OPEN FOR 2019 INTAKE]
Registration at http://bit.ly/register-DATP2019
Da’wah Awareness Training Programme (DATP) is an initiative by Muslim Converts’ Association of Singapore to train and equip aspiring Da’wah workers, age 18 and above, with relevant knowledge and skills to present Islam confidently to the world.
Nowadays, the image and perception of members of other faiths towards Islam is influenced by the media. It is the responsibility of all Muslims to show the world the true values that is promoted by Islam. Hence it is essential to learn and acquire the right knowledge first.
Da’wah Awareness Training Programme provides the platform for Muslims to gain expertise to perform Da’wah. At the end of the programme, participants will be able to share with their friends and family about Islam and show the positive side of Islam beyond the media stereotypes.
Benefits of DATP:
- DATP modules will be conducted by Islamic scholars and communication experts who will teach the required skills for Da’wah
- Participants will master Prophetic and Contemporary Da’wah techniques and develop effective ways to answer questions on Islam
- Participants will also have the opportunity to apply the acquired Da’wah skills during the practical training sessions
Modules spread over an array of key knowledge and skills needed for Da’wah, such as:
- Learning Journey
- Prophetic Methodology & Constitution Appreciation
- Techniques & Approaches
- Community of Practice 1 & Field practice
- Islamic History: Prophetic Era
- Islamic History: Arrival of Islam in Southeast Asia
- Islamic Knowledge: Intra-faith in Islam
- Community of Practice 2 & Field Practice
- Islamic Knowledge: Misconceptions towards Islam
- Presentation & Personal Communication Skills
- Study of Religions
- Community of Practice 3 & Interfaith visit
The programme consists of 12 modules over a one year period. Students are expected to attend every module and will need to attend 7 modules to complete the training programme successfully.
All modules will be conducted on either the third or the fourth Saturday of the month. The dates for the modules will be informed to students during the first class. However, the organisation reserves the right to alter the timetable according to circumstances.
Participants who follow through and complete the programme will have the following opportunities:
- Act as a Befriender and mentor new converts
- Act as docents in Muslim Converts Association of Singapore and share on Islam to non-Muslims
- Act as docents for Mosque tours
Don’t miss the chance to experience this comprehensive training programme, tailored to turn participants into confident ambassadors of Islam!
[OPEN FOR 2019 INTAKE]
Here are the upcoming cycles: